tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: [libpcap] OR'ing vlans impossible in tcpdump filter (issue #158)

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 17:24:51 -0400

Paul Pearce <pearce () cs berkeley edu> wrote:
A more basic follow on question relating to vlan filtering.

As of Jan 2013, vlan filtering under recent linux kernels was
completely broken (background: they started striping the vlan tags on
inbound packets and moving it into metadata, and the bpf emitted code
didn't hand it correctly).

I haven't seen a new release since that time. Has any progress been made?

There was a release in the spring, but I don't think it solved the problem.
I have made a note to look at this before the release next week.

As for the or issue in libpcap, it will take test cases and code...

Michael Richardson
-on the road-