tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: "not vlan" filter expression broken catastrophically!

From: Ani Sinha <ani () aristanetworks com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 17:49:50 -0800

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Bill Fenner <fenner () aristanetworks com> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Paul Pearce <pearce () cs berkeley edu> wrote:

That was my proposal to Ani, since the kernel guys seemed to insist
that asymmetry was a virtue.

yes, I think ultimately we will have to do something like what Bill
suggested to me. I am still not an expert with that filter generation
code, so I am trying to handle things in steps, keeping in mind my
company's immediate needs. Too many stuff is broken :-)
The funny thing is, up until that commit in last October, the kernel
was symmetric in how it handled vlan tags :-)

ani