tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: capturing on both interfaces simultaneously

From: abhinav narain <abhinavnarain10 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:18:04 -0500

VSZ reports 9304 Bytes.I think this must be virtual address space.

9394 *bytes*?  That's 15% of about 62KB; if that's 15% of your RAM, you're
probably running on a machine with 64K, which I doubt.

Did you mean 9394KB?  top, at least on my machine (running Mac OS X),
reports various memory sizes with B/K/M/G suffixes.

Its KB then, because the router has 64MB RAM
So, it means, I am filling the buffer almost always.

 > TCPdump code reads the radiotap header and classifies the channel
information using the radiotap header into the following :
fhss A,G (half/full duplex) , B,T , HT40+,HT40-
I am listening only for beacons in then network. Hence I notice I never
see
anything apart from A, G. When is HT40+,40- transmitted in radiotap
header
? in data frames ?

Yes.  You won't see HT beacons; I'm surprised you're even seeing G
beacons, as B-only stations won't be able to see them.

I have seen G beacon.
I have seen beacons at both 6,1 Mbits/s;

 > Will I ever see HT40+,40- in case of beacons.

Probably not.

Ok.
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.