tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: A puzzled maintainer with questions regarding

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:46:50 -0800

On Feb 6, 2011, at 10:17 PM, M.Baris Demiray wrote:

Unfortunately no, there is not. As in SIS Layer dissector this is also
a part of a standard which is available only to NATO member states

Hey, I'm a citizen of a NATO member state.... :-)

and that therefore we access through an account. However there is a
version called 1.0.2 on the Internet and there you may find the
section C.3 Structure of sublayer protocol data units (D_PDUs) in
order to observe what a DPDU header looks like.  This is a really old
version and I think that's why it's unclassified. Here is the link,

http://www.armymars.net/ArmyMARS/HF-Email/resources/stanag5066.pdf

Besides this I will check if I can provide any recent versions of DPDU headers.

OK, so the packets in this file are D_PDUs as described in that section?

Do they begin with the 16-bit synchronization sequence, or is that stripped off, so that they begin with the header
field?  Do data PDUs include the CRC at the end, or is that stripped off?
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.