tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: remote capturing using tcpdump

From: Rob Hasselbaum <rob () hasselbaum net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 09:35:25 -0400

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 1:15 AM, Ankith Agarwal <ankitha () cdac in> wrote:

 Thanks for your concern, but my requirement is to monitor the QoS
parameters of a client interface. For this purpose I am capturing all the
packets in the client using pcap and sending all the header part of the
packets to the monitoring system for calculating the parameters and
displaying it.
 I just wanted to know if there is any better method of doing this, or
tcpdump provides any probes for capturing and sending all the information
to a remote client.

Why not just run tcpdump over SSH? Or log to a local files and download
them?
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.