tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: SCO libpcap

From: "sufei7099" <sufei7099 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:22:21 +0800

I add the #incude<sys/types.h> in file.h, then i make successfully. After i run make install, the result is :

# make install
        /bin/ksh ./config/mkinstalldirs /usr/local/lib
/bin/ksh ./libtool  --mode=install config/install-sh -c libpcap.la /usr/local/lib/libpcap.la
config/install-sh -c .libs/libpcap.lai /usr/local/lib/libpcap.la
config/install-sh -c .libs/libpcap.a /usr/local/lib/libpcap.a
: /usr/local/lib/libpcap.a
chmod 644 /usr/local/lib/libpcap.a

Libraries have been installed in:
   /usr/local/lib

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
     during execution
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
     during linking

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.

        rm -f /usr/local/include/pcap-bpf.h
        rm -f /usr/local/include/pcap.h
        rm -f /usr/local/include/pcap-namedb.h
        cp pcap.h /usr/local/include
        cp pcap-bpf.h /usr/local/include
        cp pcap-namedb.h /usr/local/include
        rm -f /usr/local/lib/libpcap.la
        rm -f /usr/local/lib/libpcap.so*
        (cd /usr/local/lib; ln -s libpcap-0.8.3.so libpcap.so)
        (cd /usr/local/lib; ln -s libpcap-0.8.3.so libpcap.so.0.8.3)
        (cd /usr/local/lib; ln -s libpcap-0.8.3.so libpcap.so.0.8)
        (cd /usr/local/lib; ln -s libpcap-0.8.3.so libpcap.so.0.7)
        (cd /usr/local/lib; ln -s libpcap-0.8.3.so libpcap.so.0)

It meana i install the libpcap successfully. right?
But when I run ./configure in snort directory, the result is :

checking for wprintf... yes
checking for sizeof(unsigned long)... 32 bits
checking for __FUNCTION__... no
checking for __func__... no
checking for floor in -lm... yes
checking for pcap_datalink in -lpcap... no
checking pfring.h usability... no
checking pfring.h presence... no
checking for pfring.h... no
checking for pfring_open in -lpfring... no
checking for pfring_open in -lpcap... no

   ERROR!  Libpcap library/headers (libpcap.a (or .so)/pcap.h)
   not found, go get it from http://www.tcpdump.org
   or use the --with-libpcap-* options, if you have it installed
   in unusual place.  Also check if your libpcap depends on another
   shared library that may be installed in an unusual place

So, i don't why. I really have installed the libpcap.

sufei7099
2008-06-13