tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: SCO libpcap

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:21:15 -0700

On Jun 11, 2008, at 7:49 PM, sufei7099 wrote:

the result is:
-rw-r--r-- 1 bin bin 21089 Jun 4 11:40 /opt/K/SCO/ lli/5.0.7a/llicompat/dlpi.h

What does

        egrep DL_PROMISC_PHYS /opt/K/SCO/lli/5.0.7a/llicompat/dlpi.h

print?

Is there some methods to resolve it ? or it means libpcap can not used on SCO OpenServer?

If that command doesn't print anything, or if it prints an error, then it appears to mean that whatever version of SCO OpenServer you're running has a sufficiently different mechanism for capturing raw network traffic from the DLPI used in Solaris and HP-UX (and some other UN*Xes) that pcap-dlpi.c can't be used, and completely new code would have to be used for that.

I'll see whether that SCO source tarball I mentioned had any code of that sort. If not, the only way to resolve this problem would either be to

1) find somebody with the time to implement that code (I don't have the time to do that), and give them enough access to a machine running SCO OpenServer to let them debug the code

or

2) get SCO to provide you with a version of libpcap that supports your version of SCO OpenServer (if they have one; if they don't, this is the same as the "find somebody with the time..." case).
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.