tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Patch-question

From: Gerrit Renker <gerrit () erg abdn ac uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:20:32 +0100

Guy, -

|  > having submitted three patches last year on this list which were
|  > accepted but
|  > apparently never made it into the repository,
|
|  No, Hannes Gredler checked them into the main branch near at the end
|  of 2006 - and acknowledged at least two of them in an e-mail reply to
|  the list (I only found two patches, the first of which fixed the DCCP
|  bug and added support for variable-length checksums).
Correct - that is how I recall it as well. I think he acknowledged the third
(TCPv6 checksum calculation) later, but it may not be in the same month.

|  Were you subscribed to the list at the time?  Replies go just to the
|  list, by default.
Yes I have been a constant list member ever since 2006.

|  They weren't checked into any of the other branches.
So what happens next - I think that the bug fix should go to the other branches
as well, since the tool prints the wrong values.

What will happen to the other two - I'd be glad for clarification since I am working
on a further improvement to the DCCP checksum computation (this is independent of the
other patches): the problem is that if snaplen is not large enough, checksums will
appear incorrect. If possible, I'd like to merge that with the variable-length checksum
patch.

Do I need to resubmit patches to the list?

Thanks,
Gerrit
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.