tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: New DLT_ value request

From: "Will Barker" <w.barker () zen co uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:30:56 -0000

...and 4 bytes long, as per the earlier discussion, or just 1 byte (or
2 bytes)?

We may as well make it just 1 byte since it only can specify 2 alternative
values!

So what's the format of the packet data in your proprietary
encapsulation type?

This is still to be confirmed - I was only trying to get the value
in-place/reserved following your comment "ask ASAP, so I can try to get it
into libpcap 1.0". If this is a problem then we'll have to leave it for now.

Will