tcpdump mailing list archives

Small configure diff to use pflog header from host

From: Max Laier <max () love2party net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:32:18 +0200

Hi,

the attached makes libpcap and tcpdump use pfvar.h/if_pflog.h from the
host system (if available) - which is what most people will want[*].
Tested with OpenBSD 4.1 and FreeBSD where I'm in the progress of doing an
update to pf which will break the header format - hence the interest in
this.

Is this something that can be included?  Thanks in advance.

[*] While pflog pcap files have their use too, it's not that helpful
either as the header format is different everywhere anyhow.  So people
who need to look at pcaps at a different host need to jump through hoops
already.  I can also submit an update for pf.h, but that would break
backward compat.  Also, NetBSD and DragonflyBSD are using the even older
format still - afaik.  So this is broken already.

--
/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier () freebsd org