tcpdump mailing list archives

timestamps and timezone

From: alex medvedev <alexm () pycckue org>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:37:26 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

so what is the latest trend on the timestamp accuracy?
do you think nanoseconds are the future?
just wondering because struct timeval is usually defined in sec/usec.

also, what are the benefits of having the timezone in the dump file set
[to anything other than 0]?
i'd rather see the local time where the dump was collected than my local
time at that moment.
and if i do want to see what hour it was at my location, i can export TZ
before running tcpdump -r as was pointed out on this list back in december.

-alexm
15:37 26/03/2004

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe