tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: libpcap pcap_sendpacket support across platforms.

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:28:34 -0800

On Mar 23, 2004, at 2:14 PM, Mike Schiffman wrote:

Hi there. Guy Harris CC'd me on the libnet tip so I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring and ask a question: how serious was the discussion around unifying the two libraries? We've talked about it on the libnet list recently (libnet list included on the CC line) and I'm curious what your thoughts are...

My inclination would be to keep them separate - I'd see libpcap providing the low-level access to the raw network, and libnet providing the higher-level packet constructing (and disassembly?) functions (and supplying low-level write access with older versions of libpcap).

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe