tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: libpcap pcap_sendpacket support across platforms.

From: Stephen Donnelly <stephen () endace com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:36:58 +1200

Michael Richardson wrote:
"Guy" == Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net> writes:

    Guy> I've merged your changes with a version I'd been working on,
    Guy> based on libnet and some stuff we had at Network Appliance, and
    Guy> checked the result in.  It implements *two* APIs -
    Guy> "pcap_inject()", from OpenBSD, and "pcap_sendpacket()", from
    Guy> WinPcap.

  okay. Can we call the next release libpcap 1.0 then?

  Anyone want to make any non-backwards compatible changes to the file
format?

Might be nice to support different time-stamp formats officially somehow, e.g. AIX's nanosecond resolution timespec.

Stephen.
--
    Stephen Donnelly BCMS PhD           email: sfd () endace com
    Endace Technology Ltd               phone: +64 7 839 0540