tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Patch : fix minor configure wart for libpcap

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 22:51:41 -0800

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 10:26:17AM +1100, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
I believe that the use of LIBOBJS here is legitimate (because libpcap
doesn't use automake) and the patch below prevents autoconf flagging this
as an error.

...and prevents autoconf 2.13 from generating a usable script - it
doesn't understand "m4_pattern_allow()", so it just puts

        m4_pattern_allow(LIBOBJS)

into the configure script.

I don't know whether there's a way to get the newer autoconfs not to
complain without breaking older autoconfs.  If not, we'll probably have
to decide to require anybody doing development on the configure scripts
to have a newer autoconf, and use the newer autoconf to generate the
scripts.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe