tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: OpenBSD work on Tcpdump privilege separation - OFFTOPIC

From: Pekka Savola <pekkas () netcore fi>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:13:15 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Rodrigo Rubira Branco wrote:
I attached in this mail one vuln.c program and one exploit.c to
demonstrate the shellcode calls to setuid(0) and gain root privilegies...

You're doing seteuid, not setuid.  set*e*uid is known to be
exploitable, being able to re-retrieve the privileges through
shellcode.  Or was there something I missed?

--

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at