tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: can someone tell me what this means

From: Uncle George <gatgul () gatworks com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 23:15:01 -0400

Hummm, I might expect that these "snap" messages to get inserted between the stacks associated with the Mac Addresses of the wireless products. The laptop ( of which this dump is taken ) has an eth/wired connection between it and the wireless Access Point/router. I would think that the AP would strip off such info before presenting it over the local wired net.

I will have to try again the Windows system that works ( tomm ) to see if I also get snap messages when I send pings from M$.