tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: listing all devs

From: "Gisle Vanem" <giva () bgnett no>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 18:15:23 +0200

"Guy Harris" <guy () netapp com> said:

Any UNIX so old as not to have "readdir()" isn't likely to be
interesting for libpcap, so all you have to worry about is Win32 and
UNIX.

Both MingW and Watcom (the one I use to compile tcpdump) have
readdir(). Emulating it for MSVC should be easy using FindFirstFile().

However, the problem then is that to list all capture files you'd have
to try to open *all* files in the directory and see which ones are
libpcap-format files

That's what I meant.Read the magic number and check against some
minimum supported version.

So, will pcap_findalldevs_ex() find it's way into the "offical" libpcap?
I assume pcap-new.c will compile on all targets. Is there a reason why
winpcap's libpcap isn't synced with the version at www.tcpdump.org?

--gv

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe