tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Help With Error

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:03:02 -0800

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 03:28:44PM -0700, Steve Hyatt wrote:
pcap_loop(): read Lnode hierarchy is disjoint

I assume your application put the "pcap_loop()" into the message.

If, when reading from the SOCK_RAW/RAWPROTO_SNOOP socket used for
capture on Irix, we get an EDISJOINT (or whatever the errno is for the
"Lnode hierarchy is disjoint" error), "pcap_loop()" will arrange that
"pcap_geterror()" will return the string

        read: Lnode hierarchy is disjoint

I have no idea what EDISJOINT means, or why you'd be getting that from a
read from the socket.  This might be an IRIX pthreads issue, or an IRIX
issue of some other sort; I'm not an IRIX expert, so I can't help you on
those issues.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe