tcpdump mailing list archives

Help With Error

From: Steve Hyatt <shyatt () bigbangwidth com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:28:44 -0700

Hiya.

I am developing a piece of software which uses pthreads and pcap and runs under IRIX.  I have run into an issue in
which the app crashes after running for a while (8-10 hours) but can not diagnose the problem.  As I am using gcc to
compile an IRIX pthreads app I cannot use gdb to debug the app or view the core files that are generated.  The only
useful piece of info I have was the following message that was displayed when the app was built with the MIPS compiler
and run under dbx:

pcap_loop(): read Lnode hierarchy is disjoint

I was not able to run the app under dbx to get any more useful info than that.  Does that error message mean anything
to anyone?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe