Snort mailing list archives

Re: A few Issues Building Snort++ (3.0.0-a4-b244) on Ubuntu

From: Jonathan McDowell via Snort-devel <snort-devel () lists snort org>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 14:42:57 +0000

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 06:17:01AM +0200, Noah Dietrich wrote:
Hi Michael,

I don't have a good reason to want the install to go to the root directory,
it's just that I am working on updating the Snort++ install guides for
Ubuntu, where previous versions set the install path to / because it made
the file paths simpler for people to understand when describing how the
software worked and how all the parts of snort will installed.

I don't know if it would be helpful, but I have some basic Debian
packaging I'm using for internal snort++ builds to help easily switching
between versions. I wouldn't want to upload to the archive using it as
it currently stands, but if it's useful I can share.

J.

--
] https://www.earth.li/~noodles/ []   101 things you can't have too    [
]  PGP/GPG Key @ the.earth.li    []    much of : 31 - Hot showers.     [