Snort mailing list archives

Re: Switching snort from IDS to IPS mode

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 14:11:16 -0700

Check here under Deployment Guides:

https://www.snort.org/documents

In a nutshell you send all your traffic to snort, and then snort decides
what to do with it..usually using NFQUEUE or a box with three interfaces
with a pair of interfaces being your traffic in/out and the third for
management.  Snort will create it's own bridge in the latter case so no
need for bridge utils.

James