Snort mailing list archives

Re: Switching snort from IDS to IPS mode

From: Jim Campbell <jim () w4bqp net>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 08:47:39 -0500

I run the following snippet from a shell script to change the rules from alert to block. I am running snort 2.9.9.0 inline (IPS) under Ubuntu 17.04.

echo "Change 'alert' to 'block' for snort.rules ========================"
sudo awk '{sub("alert","block",$0); print;}' /etc/snort/rules/snort.rules > /etc/snort/rules/snortd.rules