Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort inline problem

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 07:13:10 -0600

On Sat, 2016-10-29 at 07:25 +0200, mostafa ammar wrote:
Dear All,

I tried a different approach and worked for me, I used tutorial here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41HLTF-8omU
the difference here is to make snort VM interfaces with ip address
and this way snort works as a router between 2 networks , and using
iptables to forward traffic to NFQ
sudo iptables -I FORWARD -j NFQUEUE --queue-num 0
and running snort using
sudo snort --daq nfq --daq-var queue=0 -Q -c snort-
2.9.8.3/etc/snort.conf -v -A console
now snort can filter traffic normally and drop or pass traffic
according to rules , thanks a lot for your support.
On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 7:26 PM, mostafa ammar