Snort mailing list archives

R: Catch rate testing with VRT free ruleset

From: Romagnoli Andrea <andrea.romagnoli () it telecomitalia it>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 15:56:57 +0000

Hi Joel,
Thank you for your feedback! At the moment we are running all VRT free rules and we are not dropping any packets due to
high traffic rate (or other reasons). Which preprocessor configuration could cause this effect? We are using default
conf file, except for stream5_global variable (we added memcap and increased TCP/UDP max connections), setting
HOME_NET, daq PF_RING variables and some secondary parameters like rules directory location, ip reputation lists
location, so on and so forth. I can share the conf if could be helpful.

Thank you
Best regards,
Andrea