Snort mailing list archives

Re: Blacklist Rule Error 22

From: Rameez Qureshi <rameez_q () hotmail co uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 12:19:28 +0100

Hello

I have attached my classification.config fiile, I have not edited it and downloaded it again incase there was an error
with the previous file

thanks
rameez

Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 00:23:07 -0400
From: wkitty42 () windstream net
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Blacklist Rule Error 22

On 4/11/2014 6:35 PM, Rameez Qureshi wrote:
Here it the problem

Reputation config:
WARNING: Can't find any whitelist/blacklist entries. Reputation Preprocessor
disabled.

Initializing rule chains...
ERROR: /usr/src/rules/blacklist.rules(22) Unknown ClassType: trojan-activity
Fatal Error, Quitting.

this is because snort cannot find your classification.conf file *OR* the
necessary entry in it is commented out... have you modified your classified.conf
file?