Snort mailing list archives

Re: Youtube Video on Installing Snort IDS in Fedora 20 Linux Virtual Machine

From: Teo En Ming <teo.en.ming () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 06:13:44 +0800

Dear Joel Esler,

Could you publish my Youtube video on http://www.snort.org/docs ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Teo En Ming

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 9:20 PM, Teo En Ming <teo.en.ming () gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

I have made a Youtube video on installing Snort IDS in Fedora 20 Linux
virtual machine, after following William Parker's setup guide for Fedora
17/18/19.

You may consider adding my Youtube video to http://www.snort.org/docs.

The link is as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOSvcJarXsw

Now, here are my questions:

1) After following William Parker's setup guide for Fedora 17/18/19, I
realized that there are no instructions for installing a web console like
BASE. If there is no web console, how are we supposed to monitor the
intrusion alerts?

2) I am wondering if Snort 2.9.6.0 support logging to a database like
mysql.

Thank you very much.

--
Yours sincerely,