Snort mailing list archives

Re: Restart snort inline without traffic loss?

From: "Andy" <a_w_smith () yahoo co uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:55:09 -0000

Thanks for all the replies, I am still confused by the rules I am getting
with pulledpork, every rule is an alert, none are a drop, so if I want snort
to drop bad traffic what do I do? If I manually change an alert rule to a
drop rule it will get overwritten on the next download, have I missed
something?

Andy