Snort mailing list archives

A question on SMTP normalization

From: "Lay, James" <james.lay () wincofoods com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:19:25 -0700

Hey all,

Most of the time email sigs fire normally.  Occasionally I get one that
slips through, and I'm guessing it's due to the content type:

Rules that look for say the below fail:

he link to this secure message will expire in 24 hours. If you would
li=

ke to save a copy of the email or attachment, please save from the
opene=

d encrypted email. If an attachment is included, you will be given  the
o=

ption to download a copy of the attachment  to your computer.<br />

To view your secure message, <a
href=3D"hxxp://a3australia.com/zcRDxLj/in=

dex.html" target=3D"_blank"> click here</a>.

Is there a way to..."normalize" this type of encoding?  Thanks all.

James