Snort mailing list archives

xss detection ruleset

From: Danny Dev <dannydev256 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 14:37:14 -0800 (PST)

HI,

I'm mostly interested in using snort for xss detection as part of the security for a php web app. I was hoping to find
some rules that could detect most things illustrated by the well known xss cheat cheat.

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/XSS_Filter_Evasion_Cheat_Sheet

I understand this by no means protects a site 100% from xss :) but something that will detect many of the most common
http xss attacks will work for this layer of my security.

Anyway the rules distributed by snort seem pretty slim as far as detecting xss, can anyone recommend a third party
ruleset that has fairly extensive xss detection?

thank you!