Snort mailing list archives

snort.log.xxxxxxxxx file does not create

From: hamid nikmehr <hamidnikmehr () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 22:54:57 +0330

Hello,

I want to read DARPA Dataset with SNORT and record alerts in MYSQL
database. I'm using these commands:

1.       /usr/local/snort/bin/snort -r /usr/input/outside.tcpdump -c
/usr/local/snort/etc/snort.conf

(snort.log.xxxxxxxxx file does not create in this step)

2.       /usr/local/bin/barnyard2 -c /usr/local/snort/etc/barnyard2.conf -d
/var/log/snort -f snort.log -w /var/log/snort/barnyard2.waldo

(SNORT uses default rules and other rules I've not added)

But when I use ‘mysql  -D snort -e "select count(*) from event" ‘ command,
I see the event table has any record !!

Where is my wrong?

Thanks and Regards