Snort mailing list archives

snort complex content rules apply

From: walther karl <walther38 () mail ru>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 16:16:49 +0400

 Hello!
I need to use the Snort search engine in the content of the rules to a certain arbitrary buffer composed of the
contents of several packets (tcp, udp). Used a search engine content strongly associated with Packet  structure of
single packet, fully  understand that I could not.
In other words:

Now: every packet (payload,payload size) -> content search engine by rules[ ] -> found callback

I need: buffer, buffer sizeĀ   -> content search engine rules[ ] -> found callback

Any ideas?

thanks