Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort logs not being written.

From: beenph <beenph () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 12:39:07 -0500

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 11:23 AM, GB <greybard () q com> wrote:
Logs of this issue but none matches my problem.

Before I got there the business was going to use Barnyard2 (I have familiar
with BY1 but 2 is new to me…).

They decided they already had a collator do decided they didn’t need BY2 but
discovered it had stopped writing logs post installation of BY2, sigh.

Barnyard2 will not interfere with snort installation by default.

If you installed from  a package then the package could be the issue.
(assuming you mentionned FC for a reason there..)

Since barnyard2 is a separate process there is not alot of chances
that by installing barnyard2 you will affect snort in any ways,
unless you manually changed something in the snort configuration file
or snort startup process.

Cheers,
-elz