Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort logs not being written.

From: Y M <snort () outlook com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 20:08:23 +0300

A similar issue I had but may not be related was that snort is writing the unified2 logs to a different location from
where barnyard2 was supposed to read the file; I was always reading an empty file.

What's the command you use to start barnyard2? I'm my case I use the -d switch to specify the unified2 file directory,
-f to specify the file name that barnyard2 should look for (as specified in your snort.conf in barnyard2 output plugin
section) and -w to specify the location of the waldo file, given that the barnyard2.conf has all the variables for
sid-msg.map, gen-msg.map, reference, etc, file locations setup.

Hope this helps.
YM