Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] Downloading older versions of snort

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:20:18 -0400

I'm working on it as we speak:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/snort/files/OLD%20STUFF%20THAT%20YOU%20SHOULDNT%20USE/?

On Aug 10, 2012, at 3:20 PM, Mike Cox <mike.cox52 () gmail com> wrote:

Logan, very good points, I agree fully.  Let's set our timers for two
weeks ... no, make it four to be fair .. and then we can reassess.
Does this seem reasonable?

-Mike Cox.

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Logan Anderson <loggiew () gmail com> wrote:
If you don't want to respond ad nauseum about this then perhaps you should
give him more than an hour to consider how to do what he has said he will
do. Not having an active repository of old code is not closed source. Give
him a minute to look at solving the problem. Let's try to be polite and
supportive of the open source community rather than run them down while they
are trying to help.

Logan