Snort mailing list archives

snort 2.9.1 segfault and general protection error

From: "Salvador, Mario" <MSALVADOR () broward org>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 19:10:27 +0000

I am running RHEL 5.7 (Tikanga) x86-64
I ran snort with the so rules disabled, and gave the general protection after 30 mins.
I ran snort with emergent rules after running pulledpork and gave the segmentation fault running for less than 1 hour.
I had snort 2.9.0.5 running with so rules and ran OK.
Is there some update on a more stable version of 2.9.1 ?

Thanks,

Mario Salvador, Systems Network Analyst
Office: 954-357-5957

Under Florida law, most e-mail messages to or from Broward County employees or officials are public records, available
to any person upon request, absent an exemption. Therefore, any e-mail message to or from the County, inclusive of
e-mail addresses contained therein, may be subject to public disclosure.