Snort mailing list archives

Re: More problems with pulledpork 0.6.0

From: carlopmart <carlopmart () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 16:45:36 +0200

On 04/01/2011 04:39 PM, JJC wrote:
Using your exact settings (for disablesid and dropsid) I am not able to
reproduce the issue.

Rule Stats....
         New:-------0
         Deleted:---0
         Enabled Rules:----3509
         Dropped Rules:----1799
         Disabled Rules:---10211
         Total Rules:------15519
         Done

Do you have an ips_policy value specified in your pulledpork.conf file?
  Can you provide to me your pulledpork.conf file and the runtime
options that you are using?

JJC

I didn't have specified an ips policy. My pulledpork.conf:

# My custom downloaded rules
rule_url=http://mymirror.local.net/suricatasigs/|et.tar.gz|open

# Paths defined
temp_path=/tmp
rule_path=/data/config/etc/suricata-inet/rules/all.rules
local_rules=/data/config/etc/snort-common/rules/local.rules
sid_msg=/data/config/etc/suricata-inet/sid-msg.map
sid_changelog=/tmp/sid_changes_inet.log

# Params for so_rules
config_path=/data/config/etc/suricata-inet/suricata.yaml

# Backup options
backup=/data/config/etc/suricata-inet/rules/all.rules
backup_file=/data/config/etc/ids-common/backup_rules/pp_ips-inet

# Miscellaneous options
enablesid=/data/config/etc/suricata-inet/pulledpork/enablesid.conf
dropsid=/data/config/etc/suricata-inet/pulledpork/dropsid.conf
disablesid=/data/config/etc/suricata-inet/pulledpork/disablesid.conf
modifysid=/data/config/etc/suricata-inet/pulledpork/modifysid.conf
version=0.6.0

And my command line: "pulledpork.pl -c
/data/config/etc/suricata-inet/pulledpork/pulledpork.conf -d l"

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com