Snort mailing list archives

Re: PATCH 1/1]: DAQ pcaprr module

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 10:03:55 -0400

Thanks for contributing.  Please follow the guidelines here:

http://www.snort.org/snort-downloads/external-daq/

Then send us a tarball and we'll add it to the above page.

Russ

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Jeff Murphy <jeff.murphy () gmail com> wrote:

We use Endace DAG cards in our sensors along with regen taps. Those cards
don't work with the bonding driver, so merging the two streams from a regen
tap isn't possible (unless we use a different tap or fix the drivers to work
together). The attached patch creates a new module in the os-daq-modules
directory called "pcaprr.c". This module will open multiple devices and then
make round-robin reads from the device list (much like the bonding driver
would if it worked with the DAG driver).  Modifications made against DAQ 0.5
code.

Example use:

/usr/sbin/snort --daq-dir=/usr/lib64/daq --daq pcaprr -i dag0:4,dag1:4

I've been running this DAQ code for ~3 weeks now.

jeff