Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.9.0.3 & Phil Wood's modified libpcap

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:43:16 -0500

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 7:18 AM, <vincent () cojot name> wrote:

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011, Russ Combs wrote:

Hi Russ,

Thanks for your answer. I will include the patch in the rpm release of
2.9.0.4 for EL5.

 Should I include that patch in my .EL5 rpms anyway or keep

the 0.5 version with the bug?

Sourcefire didn't because of the timing, but the patch is safe, IMHO.
If you do include it, use the later one with the version number
change.

What later version? I didn't notice a later version of that patch. Maybe I
missed something...

Check "[Snort-users] freebsd/snort 2.9.0.3 daq: how do I verify it is using
the ram?"

I've attached here for convenience.

Thanks for all the help,

Regards,