Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] GPL rules - who maintains them?Nobody?

From: Nigel Houghton <nhoughton () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 14:00:09 -0400

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:48:51 -0400, Joel Esler wrote:
Agree, that's our standard practice and suggestion.  The issue comes
up as Emerging Threats has taken the GPL sigs (3464 and below) and
has included them in their ruleset and made modifications.

I've made the suggestion that ET please submit these changes back to
the VRT and if appropriate, we include the updates in the official
set.

Basically, ET is using the same sids that we are.

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Nigel Houghton