Snort mailing list archives

Re: DAQ and libpcap 1.1.1 vs 1.0.0

From: Mike Lococo <mikelococo () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 10:37:44 -0500

Vincent,

I've found that daq-0.2 or daq-0.3 compile fine with libpcap-1.1.1 on
RHEL5.5. However, we are currently several users who have technical
issues (segfaults) with snort 2.9.0x if you use libpcap-1.1.1. For that
reason, I have decided to revert to 1.0.0 for my rpms. All of my rpms,
including the source rpms are located at
ttp://vscojot.free.fr/dist/snort/RHEL5.
Perhaps looking at the spec files would help you for building
libpcap-1.1.1 with daq-0.3.

Thanks the the pointer, I had actually looked at your repo but in a fit
of absent-mindedness didn't think to check for srpms (I need to rebuild
libpcap with DAG-support enabled, so most binary RPMS don't help me).
I'll have a peak.

Some subsequent testing suggests maybe there's just some library
search-path issues going on, but I haven't figured out what
libpcap-1.0.0 vs 1.1.1 do differently in that regard.  Will report back
once I've got it sorted, I had just hoped someone else had done the work
for me.

Cheers,
Mike Lococo