Snort mailing list archives

Re: DAQ and libpcap 1.1.1 vs 1.0.0

From: vincent () cojot name
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 10:30:59 +0100 (CET)

Hi Mike,

I've found that daq-0.2 or daq-0.3 compile fine with libpcap-1.1.1 on
RHEL5.5. However, we are currently several users who have technical issues
(segfaults) with snort 2.9.0x if you use libpcap-1.1.1. For that reason, I
have decided to revert to 1.0.0 for my rpms. All of my rpms, including the
source rpms are located at ttp://vscojot.free.fr/dist/snort/RHEL5.
Perhaps looking at the spec files would help you for building
libpcap-1.1.1 with daq-0.3.

Regards,

Vincent