Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] Snort 2.9.0.1 Now Available

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 09:33:04 -0400

Support for rules are current version minus one.

Once we move to a new "x.x" release, we aren't going to update the previous
version.

We went to 2.9.0, which means that 2.8.* aren't going to get patches back
ported.

2.9.0 uses a different stream model than 2.8.*, so back porting the update
would be a monumental undertaking.