Snort mailing list archives

Re: How o views snort log from mysql

From: Anthony Rees <arees734 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 09:33:15 +0100

Use base..

Sent from my iPhone

On 30 Oct 2010, at 08:47, vishesh kumar <linuxtovishesh () gmail com> wrote:

Dear all
     I successfully installed snort-2.9 on my rhel5.5 system. I
configured snort to store log in mysql tables using 'output database:
log, mysql, user=snort password=snort dbname=snort host=localhost'.
Where snort database is already have snort tables.

My query is how to view the logs stored in mysql. Is their any doc
that describe mysql table structure  for snort? I mean how to view
these log entries? Should i use SELECT statement on tables then on
which tables?

Thanks

--
http://linuxinterviews.blogspot.com