Snort mailing list archives

Snort populates Mysql a lot

From: "J. L. Cabral" <jelocabral () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:04:39 -0300

Dear, Snort 2.9 is working fine, but I have a problem: in 3 days I get more
than 1.000.000 alerts visualizated in BASE, and so the access to this web
interafce is very slowly.

I had to delete all the data from the mysql tables and start Snort again.

Can you give me any advice to get the alerts without affect the performance
of the system ???

And how many alerts approximately can MySQL stores without crash ???

Thanks a lot

JeLo