Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rule efficiency

From: "Isherwood, Jeffrey - IS" <Jeffrey.Isherwood () itt com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:09:54 -0400

LoL ;) well, while the outside hosts should not make it past the firewalls etc...
I'd like to know that they are trying... so I am looking for traffic bi-directionaly.

I do not have access to the DNS servers... and since many of the domains I'm chasing are dynamic...
without access to DNS I'm stuck watching for content...

And yes... even if the domains are down, I'm very interested in hosts internally that might be looking
for crappydomain.com and it's friends