Snort mailing list archives

Re: Trouble in triggering the snort rule to detect FTP Brute Force attack

From: CunningPike <cunningpike () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:00:12 -0700

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 7:18 AM, evilghost () packetmail net
<evilghost () packetmail net> wrote:
Nothing in what Manju said could I even loosely interpret as a homework
question.  I'm not going to take this thread off-topic but Nigel's
response was unprofessional, unwarranted, and certainly not something I
would construe as being in alignment with the rationale behind the
snort-sigs discussion list to begin with.

It seems to me that Manju asked a legitimate question and was getting
some good help then Nigel came in and adding nothing but accusations.  I
guess he had a bad weekend and felt the need to lash out.  Perhaps he
couldn't source an iPad after long hours of camping out.

-evilghost

"...try not to put too much faith in the manual since it seems like it
was a task assigned to a student in a course that includes Snort and
the student was ESL."

I'm sorry - who was having the bad weekend, again?

CP