Snort mailing list archives

Re: Question about content

From: Chris Jacob <cjacob () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:38:18 -0500

Note - SourceFire shouldn't be allowed to interface with the public, especially if the responses are accusatory in
nature.  Some of the quality in VRT signatures I've seen make me laugh when they respond like they do here.  It's
always funny to watch the baboons throwing rocks from their glass houses.

The practice of not answering homework questions on this list is not
new, and certainly not unique to any of the snort mailing lists.

http://www.gweep.ca/~edmonds/usenet/ml-etiquette.html

While the fish you tossed to the sender may feed them for the day, the
idea is to allow the teachings of the documents to feed them for life.

Please settle down and avoid trolling.

Regards,

Chris