Snort mailing list archives

Re: [RGSPAM] Re: Listening to Wrong Interface (OS X)

From: Todd Wease <twease () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:30:03 -0400

In your snort.conf put the line:

config interface: <iface>

e.g.

config interface: en1

For no promiscuous mode:

config no_promisc

As for emailing alerts, Snort has no built-in way to do this.  syslog
may have a way to do what you want.  There are also other third party
apps that may be able to do what you want, e.g. Base or Sguil.

Todd

Quantum Scientific wrote:
Eh, OK I will try it.

But surely there's a way to modify the .config file to do this?  I found no evidence of a Listen command, and
ostensibly it is supposed to be listening to *all* interfacen...  but it only listens to one.  If I can't make it
listen to the right interface without it going off-line, Snort is of no use.

And is there a way to set 'no promisc' in .config?  Is there a way to have Snort email me alerts?