Snort mailing list archives

April 7th Chicago2600 Meeting Information

From: Steven McGrath <steven.mcgrath () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 08:59:49 -0500

April 7th Chicago2600 Meeting information
Friday, March 3rd.

The meeting will have all of the usual.  As well as the presentation,
there will be DJ Gh0st13 playing all night, general discussion,
and all around maddness until more than likely 7-10am Sat
morning.
(http://chicago2600.net).

-=Presentation Information=-
7:00
* Meeting Doors open
* Take orders for ordering food
* Caffeine run [Bawls/Jolt/MD etc...]

8:30
* Presentation: Nessus Basics

9:30
* Presentation: Wargames Discusssion

After hours will include but not be limited to
* Geek Talk
* Social Networking
* Samurai Dodge Ball!

-=Location=-
Neighborhood Boys and Girls Club
2501 W. Irving Park Rd.
Irving Park Rd. and Campbell Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60618

Time: 7:00 P.M.

-=Directions=-

-- Directions Coming From The North Suburbs
 * Taking either I90 or I94
 * Take 90/94 to Exit 44A (Irving Park Rd.)
 * Turn Left onto Irving Park Rd.
 * Take Irving Park Rd. down to Campbell Ave.
 * Turn Right onto Campbell. Park in the lot behind the BGC

-- Directions Coming From Downtown and the South and West Suburbs
 * First Alternateive: Take 290 West to 90/94 West
 * Second Alternative: take I55 North to 90/94 West
(Traffic can be bad, consider alternate on surface streets downtown
      route if 90/94 is backed up badly.)
 * Take 90/94 West to exit 47A (Fullerton/Western Ave.)
 * Through the light at Fullerton and down to Western.
 * Turn Right onto Western Ave.
 * Take Western Ave. to Irving Park Rd.
 * Turn Left onto Irving Park Rd.
 * Take Irving Park Rd. 1 block to Campbell
 * Turn Left onto Campbell
 * Park behind the BGC

-- Alternate Route for Downtown/West/South Commuters
 * Head into the city
 * Go all the way east to Lake Shore Drive
 * Take Lake Shore Drive to Irving Park Rd.
 * Take Irving Park Rd. down to Campbell Ave.
 * Turn Left onto Campbell. Park in the lot behind the BGC

-=Who We Are=-
2600 is a group of people who are enthusiastic about technology, its
uses, and the benefits that it can bring to people. Areas of interest
are highly variable.

Moreover, they're eager and willing to teach what they know to people
who wish to learn.

Some of the areas of interest in the Chicago 2600 group are:
 * Computer Hardware
 * Computer Operating Systems
 * Telephony
 * Computer Networking
 * Network Security
 * Vulnerability Research
 * Computer Programming
 * Ham Radio
 * Web Development
 * Social Engineering
Note: This list is, by no means, complete. We are as varied as our members.