Snort mailing list archives

RE: MS-SQL Probe when listening to streaming radio! ???

From: "Briggs, Bruce" <Bruce.Briggs () suny edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:07:03 -0500

In your snort.conf, the default value for your SQL servers is:
    var SQL_SERVERS $HOME_NET

Replace $HOME_NET with the actual IP addrs of any internal SQL servers.

Or comment out the alert for SID 2329 in sql.rules.

Then you won't see these false positives any more.

Many use Oinkmaster to manage commented out alerts across Snort
signature updates.

Bruce